Opinion: Why associate countries are weak?
I thought I will just list out the points here at the momment, and then delve into the details of every point in individual blog entries. Ofcourse most of my readers here would not need any explanation of the points, because they are fairly straightforward to understand. However, the weight that I will be giving to every point is probably going to be different in other people’s opinion, and I would like to know what they think.
- 27.5% – Infrastructure and Training Facilities i.e. Getting best 100 players in the country to play against each other, regularly over a couple of months in the domestic competition. Holding age level tournaments to identify talented players at a young age (U19, U17, U15, U13, U11, U9). By training facilities I mean coahing, nets, bowling machines, playing equipment, grounds, pitches, video analysis, curators, sightscreens, wicket covers, mobile nets for center practise, portable pitches for nets etc.
- 25% – Lack of games against better opposition (i.e. Friendlies against test teams, against better associates, against domestic test sides etc.)
- 20% – Lack of playing numbers (born and bred players)
- 17.5% – Amateurism (i.e. Lack of time dedication to sport, lack of time dedication to fitness, worrying about earning a living, players not being able to get time off from work, losing players to professional outfits)
- 5% – Ineffective coaching for national team
- 5% – Lack of fitness (short of being injured)